Master Henry Thomas Hope
- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 12 15/16 inches (40 x 32.9 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (30.2 x 23 cm), Image: 7 3/16 x 6 15/16 inches (18.3 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center, written vertically from bottom to top: "1076"; on back, lower center: "133"; on back, lower right: "Master Hope"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Thos Lawrence. P. R. A."; center right: "Samuel Cousins, A. R. A."; lower left: "Proof"; lower center: "London Published Jany. 1 1836, by Hodgson & Graves Printsellers to the King, 6 Pall Mall."; lower right: "Boyhood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | clouds | curls | ermine | fur | grapes | nobility | nude | portrait | roundel (architectural element) | smile | tondo
- Associated People:
- Hope, Henry Thomas (1808–1862), patron of the arts and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Master Henry Thomas Hope, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.