Master Henry Thomas Hope
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 12 15/16 inches (40 x 32.9 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (30.2 x 23 cm), and Image: 7 3/16 x 6 15/16 inches (18.3 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center, written vertically from bottom to top: "1076"; on back, lower center: "133"; on back, lower right: "Master Hope"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Thos Lawrence. P. R. A."; center right: "Samuel Cousins, A. R. A."; lower left: "Proof"; lower center: "London Published Jany. 1 1836, by Hodgson & Graves Printsellers to the King, 6 Pall Mall."; lower right: "Boyhood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | clouds | ermine | fur | nobility | nude | portrait | roundel (architectural element) | tondo
- Associated People:
- Hope, Henry Thomas (1808–1862), patron of the arts and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Master Henry Thomas Hope, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.