John Philip Kemble as Cato
- between 1800 and 1820
- Mezzotint (before any letters) on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 32 3/8 × 21 9/16 inches (82.2 × 54.8 cm), Image: 31 1/4 × 21 3/8 inches (79.4 × 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Kemble in Cato"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "a56062 | [before any letters]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Kemble, John Philip (1757–1823),
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Ward, 1766–1826, British, John Philip Kemble as Cato, between 1800 and 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.