Julia, Lady Peel
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 11/16 x 14 3/8 inches (45 x 36.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 x 11 7/8 inches (39.3 x 30.1 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 3/8 inches (27.2 x 21.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "#115"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thomas Lawrence, LATE PRESIDENT OF THE ROYAL ACADEMY."; lower center: "London, Published July 17, 1832, by Moon, Boys & Graves, Printsellers to the King, 6, Pall Mall."; lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins, 163, ALBANY ST. REGENT'S PARK."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Saml. Cousins."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | broach | cape (outerwear) | costume | curls | feathers | finger rings | flower (plant) | frill | fur | gems | gown | hat | jewelry | lady | nobility | portrait | ruffle | silk | woman
- Associated People:
- Peel, Lady Julia (1795–1859)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Julia, Lady Peel, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.