Julia, Lady Peel
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 11/16 x 14 3/8 inches (45 x 36.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 x 11 7/8 inches (39.3 x 30.1 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 3/8 inches (27.2 x 21.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "#115"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thomas Lawrence, LATE PRESIDENT OF THE ROYAL ACADEMY."; lower center: "London, Published July 17, 1832, by Moon, Boys & Graves, Printsellers to the King, 6, Pall Mall."; lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins, 163, ALBANY ST. REGENT'S PARK."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Saml. Cousins."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | broach | cape (outerwear) | costume | curls | feathers | finger rings | flower (plant) | frill | fur | gems | gown | hat | jewelry | lady | nobility | portrait | ruffle | silk | woman
- Associated People:
- Peel, Lady Julia (1795–1859)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Julia, Lady Peel, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.