- The Salutation
- Mezzotint (? state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 7/8 inches (64.8 × 47.9 cm), Plate: 24 1/2 × 18 inches (62.2 × 45.7 cm), and Image: 22 7/8 × 17 7/8 inches (58.1 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "No. 23"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Fredericus Barocci Pinxit. | Published Nov.r 17 1778 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapeside"; Engraved by V. Green Engraver in Mezzotinto to his Majesty and to the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | basket | bird | book | building | cloud | drapery | flower (plant) | flower pot | hill | horizon line | house | jewel | kneeling | light | reading | religious and mythological subject | sitting | stairs | the Annunciation: Mary, usually reading, is visited by the angel (sometimes a woman overhears the conversation) - AA - Mary to the left, the angel to the right | tree | window | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, The Salutation, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.