IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, The Salutation, 1778
- Mezzotint (? state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 7/8 inches (64.8 × 47.9 cm), Plate: 24 1/2 × 18 inches (62.2 × 45.7 cm), Image: 22 7/8 × 17 7/8 inches (58.1 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "No. 23"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Fredericus Barocci Pinxit. | Published Nov.r 17 1778 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapeside"; Engraved by V. Green Engraver in Mezzotinto to his Majesty and to the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | basket | bird | book | building | cloud | drapery | flower (plant) | flower pot | hill | horizon line | house | jewel | kneeling | light | reading | religious and mythological subject | sitting | stairs | the Annunciation: Mary, usually reading, is visited by the angel (sometimes a woman overhears the conversation) - AA - Mary to the left, the angel to the right | tree | window | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.