- Catherine Hunter
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 7/16 inches (40 x 29 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 x 11 9/16 inches (40.4 x 29.3 cm), and Image: 14 1/2 x 11 3/8 inches (36.9 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: [partially cropped off inscription]; in graphite, on back, lower center: "#36"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. F. Calze pinxit"; lower center: "Publish'd July 22 1771 | by J. Boydell, Cheapside"; lower right: "Val Green fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | cloak | coat | collar | cuffs | earrings | fur | lace | nobility | pearls | portrait | table | woman
- Associated People:
- Clarke, Elizabeth Catherine [Kitty] (d. 1795)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Catherine Hunter, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.