Miss Polly Jones
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 12 11/16 inches (44.2 x 32.3 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 x 11 7/16 inches (40.5 x 29 cm), and Image: 14 5/8 x 11 7/16 inches (37.2 x 29 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#37"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. F. Calze pinxit"; lower center: "Publishd May 1st 1771 | by J. Boydell Cheapside"; lower right: "Val Green fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | chair | costume | dog (animal) | earrings | fichu | flounces | flowers (plants) | fur | gown | lace | necklace | nobility | pearls | portrait | roses (plant) | Spaniel | table | woman
- Associated People:
- Kennedy, Polly (fl. 1781), courtesan and mistress of Sir Charles Bunbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Miss Polly Jones, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.