Miss Polly Jones
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 12 11/16 inches (44.2 x 32.3 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 x 11 7/16 inches (40.5 x 29 cm), and Image: 14 5/8 x 11 7/16 inches (37.2 x 29 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#37"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. F. Calze pinxit"; lower center: "Publishd May 1st 1771 | by J. Boydell Cheapside"; lower right: "Val Green fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | chair | costume | dog (animal) | earrings | fichu | flounces | flowers (plants) | fur | gown | lace | necklace | nobility | pearls | portrait | roses (plant) | Spaniel | table | woman
- Associated People:
- Kennedy, Polly (fl. 1781), courtesan and mistress of Sir Charles Bunbury
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Miss Polly Jones, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.