- The Ecstasy of St. Francis
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 × 16 1/2 inches (54.3 × 41.9 cm), Plate: 19 1/2 × 15 1/4 inches (49.5 × 38.7 cm), and Image: 15 1/2 × 12 inches (39.4 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Painted by Carraca | 70.1009"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "St. Francis"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Engraved by W. Say | T.M. Papsworth No.21"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: #46"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "2/2/-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | apparition | Christianity | hands | light | monk | mystic | religious and mythological subject | robes | saint | St. Francis of Assisi in ecstasy | stigmata | wings
- Associated People:
- St. Francis
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Say, 1768–1834, British, The Ecstasy of St. Francis, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.