- The Bridge
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 14 7/8 inches (43.2 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown watercolor lower left: "J.Varley.1804"
Signed and dated in brown watercolor lower left: "J.Varley.1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bridges (built works) | buildings | cityscape | fisherman | lures | reflections | river | sailboats | stones | swimmers | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | Ouse | United Kingdom | York
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, The Bridge, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.