IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, The Bridge, 1804
- Additional Title(s):
The Ouse Bridge, York
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 14 7/8 inches (43.2 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown watercolor lower left: "J.Varley.1804"
Signed and dated in brown watercolor lower left: "J.Varley.1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bridges (built works) | buildings | cityscape | fisherman | lures | reflections | river | sailboats | stones | swimmers | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | Ouse | United Kingdom | York
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.