- His Royal Highness George Prince of Wales
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, rough, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 x 10 1/4 inches (32.4 x 26.1 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 x 9 inches (29.2 x 22.9 cm), and Image: 10 5/16 x 7 7/8 inches (26.2 x 20 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, center left, along lower left border of oval image: "R. Cosway R. A. | Pictor Principis pinxt."; within image, center right, along lower right border of oval image: "J. Condé Sculpt."; within image, lower center, in plinth: "HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS | GEORGE | PRINCE OF WALES"; lower center: "London, Published Decr. 1. 1794, by P. Condé, No. 61, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badge | coat | costume | cravat | curls | frame (furnishing) | man | medal | medallion | nobility | oval | plinth | portrait | prince | ribbons (materials) | royalty | star | sunlight | The Most Noble Order of the Garter
- Associated People:
- George IV (1762–1830), king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and king of Hanover
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Condé, 1765–1794, French, active in Britain, His Royal Highness George Prince of Wales, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.