David Garrick as Richard III
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/4 × 17 1/8 inches (66.7 × 43.5 cm), Plate: 25 1/4 × 15 3/4 inches (64.1 × 40 cm), and Image: 24 3/4 × 15 3/4 inches (62.9 × 40 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "#12"; Lower right: "458"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "J Dixon Fecit"; below image lower left: "N Danee pinx <Danee pinx*>"; lower center: "Published according to Act of Parliament April 28 1772 by John Boydell Engraver Cheapside London | J Dixon Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare | Richard III, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Richard (character in Shakespeare's Richard III)
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, David Garrick as Richard III, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.