- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (35.9 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.9 x 22.6 cm), Image: 8 3/4 x 7 1/4 inches (22.2 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "904079 (underlined)"; on back, lower center: "#5"; on back, lower right: "3/0"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "Drawn by J. Downman."; along lower right border of oval image: "Engraved by R. Dunkerton"; lower center: "MRS. BILLINGTON. | London, Published July 1st 1786, by I, Matthews No,, 436, Strand__"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | costume | curls | fichu | gown | musician | muslin | oval | performer | portrait | ruffles | veil
- Associated People:
- Billington, Elizabeth (1765–1818), singer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Mrs. Billington, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.