- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 10 7/8 × 8 5/16 inches (27.6 × 21.1 cm) and Image: 7 13/16 × 6 3/8 inches (19.8 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "369 | 35 | 6515"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Downman delt."; lettered, lower right: "P.W.Tomkins Sculpt, late Pupil of F. Bartolozzi."; lettered, lower center: "Mrs, SIDDONS. | Publsd as the Act Directs by M Lawson No.168 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Siddons (née Kemble), Sarah (1755–1831), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Peltro W. Tomkins, 1760–1840, British, Mrs. Siddons, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.