IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Lady Rushout and her Children, 1778
Lady Rushout and her Children
- Additional Title(s):
Rebecca, Lady Northwick, Harriet, Lady Cockerell, Anne, and John Rushout, 2nd Baron North
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 19 1/2 × 21 5/8 inches (49.5 × 54.9 cm), Sheet: 18 7/8 × 20 5/8 inches (47.9 × 52.4 cm), Image: 17 3/8 × 20 5/8 inches (44.1 × 52.4 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by D. Gardner."; lower left: "Engrav'd by Thos. Watson."; lower center: "Publish'd Jany. 1st. 1778, for T.Watson No.142, New Bond Street, & W.Dickinson, Henrietta Street, Covent Garden London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | book | Children | column (architectural element) | curtain | family | figure study | mother | scarf | shawl | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.