- Mrs. Gulston
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 1/8 inches (40.1 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 15 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (39.5 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 14 1/8 x 10 7/8 inches (35.9 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mrs. Gulston, wife of Josh. Gulston Esqr. | a great print collector"; on back, lower center: "#23"; on back, lower right: "R 6109"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "H. D. Hamilton pinxt"; lower center: "R. Sayer Excudit | Published as the Act directs the 4th. of Decr. 1771."; lower right: "Richd. Earlom fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | bust | cap (headgear) | cape (outerwear) | chair | costume | frills | lace | nobility | oval | portrait | ruffle | woman
- Associated People:
- Gulston, Elizabeth Bridgetta (1749/50–1780), printmaker, astronomer and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Mrs. Gulston, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.