IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Mrs. Gulston, 1771
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 1/8 inches (40.1 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 15 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (39.5 x 27.7 cm), Image: 14 1/8 x 10 7/8 inches (35.9 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mrs. Gulston, wife of Josh. Gulston Esqr. | a great print collector"; on back, lower center: "#23"; on back, lower right: "R 6109"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "H. D. Hamilton pinxt"; lower center: "R. Sayer Excudit | Published as the Act directs the 4th. of Decr. 1771."; lower right: "Richd. Earlom fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | bust | cap (headgear) | cape (outerwear) | chair | costume | frills | lace | nobility | oval | portrait | ruffle | woman
- Associated People:
- Gulston, Elizabeth Bridgetta (1749/50–1780), printmaker, astronomer and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.