IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, One of Six Illustrations to Fenelon's "The Adventures of Telemachus son of Ulysses", ca. 1784
One of Six Illustrations to Fenelon's "The Adventures of Telemachus son of Ulysses"
- ca. 1784
- Pen and gray ink, gray wash, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 2 7/8in. (11.7 x 7.3cm), Sheet: 4 5/8 × 3 inches (11.7 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "achus and Mentor with C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Wilmarth S. Lewis, B.A. 1918
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Greek mythology | literary theme | mythology | nymphs | religious and mythological subject | Telemachus and Calypso | turban
- Associated People:
Calypso, Nymph in Greek mythology, who lived on the island of Ogygia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.