- William Shakespeare
- ca. 1770
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches (24.8 x 16.5 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 5 7/8 inches (23.1 x 14.9 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 x 4 5/8 inches (14.2 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Engraved by Richard Earlom from the Jansen portrait in the possession of the Duke of Somerset | artist's proof, very rare in this state"; on back of mount, lower center: "105-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | chiaroscuro | costume | dark | head | lace | man | portrait | reticella | ruff
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, William Shakespeare, ca. 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.