Mrs. Elizabeth Hartley
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 11 15/16 inches (37.7 x 30.3 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 5/8 inches (26 x 19.4 cm), and Image: 8 11/16 x 7 5/8 inches (22 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower right: "87"; on back, lower right: "20/20 | Mrs Hartley | 8556 (underlined) | L48 | #44"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by James Nixon"; lower center: "London Published Feby 20th 1779"; lower right: "Engrav'd by W. Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | fancy dress | feathers | lace | oval | pearls | portrait | profile | trees | windows
- Associated People:
- Hartley, Elizabeth (1750/51-1824), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Mrs. Elizabeth Hartley, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.