Lady Mary Catharine Bertie
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 9/16 x 12 1/16 inches (42 x 30.7 cm), Plate: 13 1/8 x 9 inches (33.3 x 22.8 cm), Image: 11 9/16 x 9 inches (29.3 x 22.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "W, Peters pinx.t"; lower center: "Lady Mary Catharine Bertie, | Eldest Daughter of his Grace the Duke of Ancaster, by Mary Dutchess of Ancaster."; lower right: "J. Dixon fecit 1767"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- choker | daughter | gaze | hair | lace | lady | portrait | posing | ribbons | ruff | smiling | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Lady Mary Catharine Bertie, 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.