- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 12 5/16 inches (41.4 x 31.2 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.7 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 12 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (32.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#46"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by W,, Peters."; lower center: "Belinda. | LONDON. Publish'd February the 15th. 1777. by Willm. Dickinson Henrietta Street Covent Garden."; lower right: "Engrav'd by R. Dunkarton."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed (furniture) | cloth | coiffure | curls | curtains | drapery | interior | nude | oval | portrait | reclining | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Belinda, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.