- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 12 5/16 inches (41.4 x 31.2 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.7 x 27.7 cm), Image: 12 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (32.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#46"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by W,, Peters."; lower center: "Belinda. | LONDON. Publish'd February the 15th. 1777. by Willm. Dickinson Henrietta Street Covent Garden."; lower right: "Engrav'd by R. Dunkarton."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed (furniture) | cloth | coiffure | curls | curtains | drapery | interior | nude | oval | portrait | reclining | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Belinda, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.