IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Shepherdess, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Flora MacDonald in the Character of a Shepherdess
Chloe in the Country
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 1/16 inches (35.5 × 25.5 cm), Image: 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H [...]"; lower center: "Flora Mac Donald"; lower right: "P76 | John Faber | 276"; on back, lower left: "264"; on back, lower right: "M.4391 | pair | 16 x 11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | costume | dog (animal) | flounces | gown | pearls | portrait | sheep | shepherd's crook | shepherdess | woman
- Associated People:
- MacDonald, Flora (1722–1790), Jacobite heroine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.