Rebecca First Lady Northwick
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 7/8 inches (25.8 x 20 cm), Plate: 9 x 7 1/16 inches (22.9 x 17.9 cm), and Image (oval): 3 9/16 x 3 1/16 inches (9 x 7.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "550 (circled)"
Lettered, center left along image: "Plimer Pinx.t"; center right along image: "Burke Fecit"; lower center: "(Crown) | RN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | collar | curls | gaze | hair | lady | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Rebecca, Lady Northwick (nee Bowles, married Sir John Rushout; d. 1818)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Burke, 1749–1815, British, Rebecca First Lady Northwick, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.