An Asian Openbill Stork (Anastomus oscitans)
- Additional Title(s):
A Pondicherry Heron, (one of a pair)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 7/16 × 17 5/16 inches (64.6 × 44 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "ardea pondiceriana Indian y.702. vos | Pondicherry Heron Gen [Sym?] r. 101"
Watermark: "W ELGAR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | ornithology | science | stork | taxonomy (discipline)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, An Asian Openbill Stork (Anastomus oscitans), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.