IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, A Black and White Indian Bird, (one of a pair), undated
A Black and White Indian Bird, (one of a pair)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 24 7/8 × 18 1/8 inches (63.2 × 46 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "talus denudatus. new Species? - one remove from the next No. 85"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "No. 84"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "$435.80 | 1819-5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | Black-headed Ibis | ornithology | science | taxonomy (discipline)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.