The Tribute Money
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 × 20 3/8 inches (41.3 × 51.8 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 × 20 inches (40.3 × 50.8 cm), and Image: 15 × 19 15/16 inches (38.1 × 50.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "No120 a33637"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "6- | L.B.[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "576"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt pinxit"; lettered, lower right; "J MArdell fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | Christianity | crowd | disciples | halo | mantle | New Testament | pay | pew | religious and mythological subject | tax collectors | teaching | temple | turbans
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, The Tribute Money, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.