- The Tribute Money
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 × 20 3/8 inches (41.3 × 51.8 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 × 20 inches (40.3 × 50.8 cm), and Image: 15 × 19 15/16 inches (38.1 × 50.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "No120 a33637"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "6- | L.B.[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "576"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt pinxit"; lettered, lower right; "J MArdell fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | Christianity | crowd | disciples | halo | mantle | New Testament | pay | pew | religious and mythological subject | tax collectors | teaching | temple | turbans
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, The Tribute Money, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.