The Tribute Money
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 × 22 5/8 inches (47.3 × 57.5 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 × 19 13/16 inches (40.5 × 50.3 cm), Image: 15 × 19 3/4 inches (38.1 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower cente: "#38"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J MArdell fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | Christianity | crowd | disciples | halo | mantle | New Testament | pay | pew | religious and mythological subject | tax collectors | teaching | temple | turbans
- Associated People:
- Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
Jesus Christ (7–2 BC/BCE to 30–36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, The Tribute Money, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.