The Tribute Money
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 × 22 5/8 inches (47.3 × 57.5 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 × 19 13/16 inches (40.5 × 50.3 cm), and Image: 15 × 19 3/4 inches (38.1 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower cente: "#38"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J MArdell fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | Christianity | disciples | mantle | New Testament | pay | pew | tax collectors | teaching | temple | turbans
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, The Tribute Money, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.