Miss Nancy Parsons
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Anne Maynard (née Parsons), Viscountess Maynard as Juno
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 23 1/2 × 14 3/4 inches (59.7 × 37.5 cm) and Image: 22 × 14 1/2 inches (55.9 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "54"; lower right: "577"
Lettered below image, lower center: "Miss Nancy Parsons."; lower left: "R. Renold pinxt."; lower right: "R. Housman fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chariot | crown | dress | dust | low-relief sculpture | portrait | sandals
- Associated People:
- Parsons, Anne [Nancy; married name Anne Maynard, Viscountess Maynard] (c.1735–1814/15), courtesan and political mistress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Miss Nancy Parsons, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.