Saint Peter's Church, Hereford, from Butcher's Row
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 22 5/8 inches (40 x 57.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink lower left: "J.Varley. 1802."; inscribed on back in graphite center: "J.M. 2 | Show whole drawing | margin 2 1/2 x 3"
Signed in pen and black ink lower left: "J.Varley. 1802."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | buildings | carts | church | city | cityscape | dog (animal) | figures | horses (animals) | houses | road | roofs | shoppers | shopping | shops | steeple | stores | street | tower (building division) | town | wheelbarrows | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Hereford | Hereford and Worcester | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
follower of John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Saint Peter's Church, Hereford, from Butcher's Row, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.