- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 29 3/4 inches (54.9 × 75.6 cm), Plate: 18 3/8 × 26 3/4 inches (46.7 × 67.9 cm), and Image: 17 7/8 × 25 7/8 inches (45.4 × 65.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower left: "HW | 1 ct, lc | 2436"; lower right: "The Enchantress | nu - / ox - "; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "392 | [...]"; lower center: "611 | 68"; lower right: "602"
Lettered inside image, lower left: "D TENIERS F | R EARLOM S"; lettered below image, lower left: "Teniers, Pinxit."; lower right: "Ric.d Earlom, Sculpts it"; center: "John & Josiah Boydell, Excudit 1786 | From the Original Picture of the same size, in the Collection of Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Publish'd, Jan.y 2d. 1786, by John and Josiah Boydell, Cheapeside, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | anthropomorphism | basket | cave | chains | dogs (animals) | enchantress | fish | grotesques | heads | jewelry | metamorphoses ~ classical mythology | owl | religious and mythological subject | reptiles | swords | vines | wings | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, The Enchantress, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.