- Francesca Bridges Filia Domini Cavendish et Dotissa Exoniæ Comitissa
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 × 9 3/8 inches (31.3 × 23.8 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 × 8 1/4 inches (28.4 × 21 cm), and Image: 10 1/8 × 8 1/16 inches (25.7 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and back ink, verso, uper left: "[...] | 3-428"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "P Mariette 1670"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "a27125"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "97"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "G[...]x A842"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant: van Dyck pinx:"; lettered, lower center: "Francesca Bridges Filia Domini Cavendish | et Dotissa Exoniæ Comitissa-"; lettered, lower right: "Guil: Faithorne excud:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bodice | broche | chair | collar | countess | curls | drapery | gaze | gloves | hat | jewels | lace | pearls | pin | portrait | posing | scarf | silk | solemn | tapestry | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Brydges, Frances, Countess of Exeter (1580 - 1663)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, ca. 1620–1691, British, Francesca Bridges Filia Domini Cavendish et Dotissa Exoniæ Comitissa, 1670
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.