Miss Catherine Wodhull
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 22 x 16 inches (55.9 x 40.6 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 x 14 inches (50.5 x 35.6 cm), and Image: 19 7/8 x 14 inches (50.5 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Miss Catherine Woodhall"; on back, lower left: "#61"; on back, lower center: "25"; on back, lower right: "51"
Lettered lower left: "J.Zoffani pinxt."; lower right: "R.Houston fecit. | London. Printed for Robt. Sayer, No.53 in Fleet Street, as the Act directs, 28 May, 1772."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | drapery | dress | flowers (plants) | portrait | tree | wall | wall | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Chaloner Smith, British mezzotinto portraits, being a descriptive catalogue of these engravings from the introduction of the art to the early part of the present century : arranged according to the engravers, the inscriptions given at full length, and the variations of state precisely set forth : acc , Martino Pub., Mansfield Centre, CT, 2004, v. 2, p. 692, Houston no. 124, NE1816.G7 S58 2004