- Abraham Lincoln
- Etching (fourth proof) on vellum
- Sheet: 18 5/8 × 13 3/4 inches (47.3 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (28.9 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 × 7 1/8 inches (26.7 × 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Fourth proof from the copper plate"
Lettered above image, upper right: "Copyright 1908 by Charles Barmore, New York"; etched reproduction of Lincoln's signature below image, lower left: "A.Lincoln."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Schneider"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow tie | portrait | president | suit
- Associated People:
- Lincoln, Abraham (12 Feb. 1809-15 Apr. 1865), sixteenth president of the United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Otto J. Schneider, 1875–1946, American, Abraham Lincoln, 1908
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.