- Etching (fourth proof) on vellum
- Sheet: 18 1/2 × 13 7/8 inches (47 × 35.2 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 7 3/4 inches (29.2 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 10 3/8 × 7 1/4 inches (26.4 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Fourth proof from the copper plate"
Lettered above image, upper right: "Copyrighted 1908 by Charles Barmore, New York"; etched reproduction of Lincoln's signature below image, lower left: "A.Lincoln."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Schneider"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow tie | portrait | president | suit
- Associated People:
- Lincoln, Abraham (12 Feb. 1809-15 Apr. 1865), sixteenth president of the United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Otto J. Schneider, 1875–1946, American, Abraham Lincoln, 1908
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.