- John Stuart Mill
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 16 1/4 inches (54.9 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 13 × 9 7/8 inches (33 × 25.1 cm), Chine collé: 12 3/8 × 9 1/4 inches (31.4 × 23.5 cm), and Image: 10 1/4 × 7 7/8 inches (26 × 20 cm)
Lettered below image: "G.F.Watts R.A.Pt. | Imp. A.Salmon, Paris. | John Stuart Mill | Paul Rajon SC."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elderly | man | philosopher | portrait | wrinkles
- Associated People:
- Mill, John Stuart (1806–1873), philosopher, economist, and advocate of women's rights
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Paul Adolphe Rajon, 1842–1888, French, John Stuart Mill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.