John Stuart Mill
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 16 1/4 inches (54.9 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 13 × 9 7/8 inches (33 × 25.1 cm), Chine collé: 12 3/8 × 9 1/4 inches (31.4 × 23.5 cm), Image: 10 1/4 × 7 7/8 inches (26 × 20 cm)
Lettered below image: "G.F.Watts R.A.Pt. | Imp. A.Salmon, Paris. | John Stuart Mill | Paul Rajon SC."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elderly | man | philosopher | portrait | wrinkles
- Associated People:
- Mill, John Stuart (1806–1873), philosopher, economist, and advocate of women's rights
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Paul Adolphe Rajon, 1842–1888, French, John Stuart Mill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.