Jeune dame tenant une aumônière
- Additional Title(s):
Young Lady Holding a Purse
Woman Holding Up a Purse
- between 1680 and 1690
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 10 1/16 × 6 15/16 inches (25.5 × 17.6 cm) and 8 7/8 x 6 13/16 inches (22.6 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "W 117 (underlined) | 26"; on back, lower center: "y. P. M."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. van Mieris Pinxit."; lower right: "A. Blooteling fecit et ex. Cum Privilegio."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aulmoniere | bows (costume accessories) | costume | curls | dress | feather | genre subject | gown | holding | jewelry | ostrich | oval | painting (visual work) | pearls | portrait | purse | ribbons (costume accessories) | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Jeune dame tenant une aumônière, between 1680 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.