- An Old Woman Reading
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 18 9/16 x 13 11/16 inches (47.2 x 34.7 cm), Plate: 17 5/8 x 12 1/2 inches (44.7 x 31.8 cm), and Image: 15 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches (40 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in orange ink, on front, upper center: "126"; on back, in graphite, lower left: "W.F"; lower right: "#182"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | books | collar | drapery | dress | eyeglasses | eyes | gaze | genre subject | lace | old | reading | sitting | thoughtful | windows | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, An Old Woman Reading, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.