- A True Town Picture; or an Old Hag of Drury Presenting a Chicken to his Lordship
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 1/4 inches (44.1 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 × 9 3/4 inches (34.9 × 24.8 cm), and Image: 12 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (31.4 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "15"; lower right: "416 | rare"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "#190"
Lettered below image: "A True Town Picture: | Or | An Old Hag of Drury presenting a Chicken to his Lordship. | 329 | Printed for Carington Bowles, at his Map & Print Warehouse, No.69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London. Publish'd as the Act directs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, A True Town Picture; or an Old Hag of Drury Presenting a Chicken to his Lordship, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.