Five Designs for a House in the Gothic Style: Plan of the Chamber Story
- Pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 3/8 x 17 5/8 inches (59.4 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Plan of the Chamber Story"; in pen and black ink, lower center; "Flat over Cloister 12 f. 0 wide & 54.0 long"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "11:0 Diam."; in pen and black ink, at each corner of the plan (four times): "12:0 Diam.r"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right, "AD193"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left "James Wyatt 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | octagonal | oval | plan (drawing) | stairs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Five Designs for a House in the Gothic Style: Plan of the Chamber Story, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.