- Doctor Blowbladder Discovering the Perpetual Motion
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 1/4 inches (44.1 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 × 10 inches (35.2 × 25.4 cm), and Image: 12 7/8 × 10 inches (32.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "#154"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Blessed | Medicine"; below image: "Doctor Blowbladder discovering the Perpetual Motion. | Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, No.69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London. Published as the Act directs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, Doctor Blowbladder Discovering the Perpetual Motion, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.