- Lady Time Present and Lady Time Past
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 x 11 1/4 inches (42.2 x 28.6 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 15/16 inches (35.6 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 13 3/16 x 9 15/16 inches (33.5 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "231"; on back, lower right: "#150"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "LADY TIME PRESENT & LADY TIME PAST | The Wits of Fine Ladies are ne'er at a Fault | If they lose it in meal they get it in malt"; lower right: "Pubd. Octr. 11TH 1773 By Francis Adams"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | carpet | corsage | costume | dog (animal) | embroidery | fan | fashion | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gesture | gowns | headpieces | humor | interior | lace | pattern (design element) | purse | ribbons | ruffle | ruffs | satire | scissors | shoes | train | trim | veils | wallpaper | wig | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, Lady Time Present and Lady Time Past, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.