- between 1681 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 10 1/2 × 8 1/16 inches (26.6 × 20.5 cm) and Image: 10 1/16 x 7 7/8 inches (25.5 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "A Lovely La[...] [...] for [...] come"; on back, center: "4- 307 - | void [...] Rufuli(?)"; on back, lower center: "337"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Moroone pinx. :"; lower right: "I Beckett ex: et fe :"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowl (vessel) | chair | cloak | commentary | confession | cross (object) | crucifix | curls | genre subject | gesture | hands | interior | kneeling | listening | man | masturbation | monk | painting (visual work) | parody | pattern (design element) | pointing | praying | religious and mythological subject | rope | satire | smiling | water | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, The Confession, between 1681 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.