- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 7/16 × 7 5/16 inches (24 × 18.5 cm) and Image: 9 x 7 3/16 inches (22.8 x 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "334"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Cupids Tent"; lower right: "I Beckett ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (weapon) | boy | clipping | god | mythology | nudes | portrait | religious and mythological subject | sleeping | stealing | suffering, misfortune of Cupid | tent | wings (costume accessories) | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, Cupid's Tent, 1680s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.