The Empty Glass
- Part Of:
- between 1670 and 1690
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 5 11/16 inches (20.4 x 14.5 cm) and Plate: 7 13/16 x 5 1/2 inches (19.9 x 13.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "5"; on back, lower center: "Blooteling"; on back, lower right: "235 B"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "finis (?) | AB . f c"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | caricature | coat | drinking | drinking glass | food | genre subject | hat | holding | laughing | man | peasant | portrait | satire | senses | smiling | taste (senses)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, The Empty Glass, between 1670 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.