Virgin and Child
- between 1670 and 1690
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 x 6 3/16 inches (18.3 x 15.7 cm), Plate: 7 x 6 inches (17.8 x 15.3 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 5 15/16 inches (16.8 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "H. viii."; on back, lower center: "W 59"; on back, lower right: "426B"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Guido invent."; lower right: "A. Blooteling f. et ex. Cum Privilegio."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adoration of the Christ-child by Mary | baby | book | cloak | cloth | hands | hood | infant | manger | mother | nude | portrait | prayer | praying | religious and mythological subject | son | straw | woman
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Virgin and Child, between 1670 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.