IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Shepherd and Shepherdess, 1676
Shepherd and Shepherdess
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (19 x 17.1 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 1/16 inches (17.6 x 15.4 cm), Image: 6 9/16 x 6 1/16 inches (16.7 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "A copy from Vaillant after Titian./"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "419"; in brown ink, partly cut off at bottom: "this to be matched in [...]ine [...] te"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "A. Blooteling"
Lettered in black ink, lower right: "A. Blooteling f. et. ex 1676"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | clouds | figure study | forest | fountain | love | man | pedestal | shepherd | shepherdess | staff (walking stick) | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.