- Shepherd and Shepherdess
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (19 x 17.1 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 1/16 inches (17.6 x 15.4 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 6 1/16 inches (16.7 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "A copy from Vaillant after Titian./"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "419"; in brown ink, partly cut off at bottom: "this to be matched in [...]ine [...] te"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "A. Blooteling"
Lettered in black ink, lower right: "A. Blooteling f. et. ex 1676"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | clouds | figure study | forest | fountain | love | man | pedestal | shepherd | shepherdess | staff (walking stick) | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Shepherd and Shepherdess, 1676
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.