- Susanna and the Elders
- between 1670 and 1690
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 11 7/16 inches (36.9 x 29 cm) and Plate: 14 1/8 x 11 inches (35.8 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "N 54 | good margin"; lower center: "#67"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "P. Veronees pinx"; lower right: "A. Blotelingh fecit et ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bathing | bowl (vessel) | buildings | dress | elders | fountain | garden | lust | men | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | sculptures | spying | statues | the elders spying upon Susanna | trees | urns | voyeurism | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Susanna and the Elders, between 1670 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.