IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Susanna and the Elders, between 1670 and 1690
Susanna and the Elders
- between 1670 and 1690
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 11 7/16 inches (36.9 x 29 cm), Plate: 14 1/8 x 11 inches (35.8 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "N 54 | good margin"; lower center: "#67"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "P. Veronees pinx"; lower right: "A. Blotelingh fecit et ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bathing | bowl (vessel) | buildings | dress | elders | fountain | garden | lust | men | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | sculptures | spying | statues | the elders spying upon Susanna | trees | urns | voyeurism | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fancy Pieces - Genre Mezzotints by Robert Robinson & His Contemporaries (Yale Center for British Art, 1994-11-19 - 1995-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.