Hercules before the Temple of Janus
- between 1680 and 1690
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 × 10 11/16 inches (34.8 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "#66"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "G. Lairesse pinxit | A Blooteling fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aggressive, unfriendly activities and relationships of Hercules | architectural subject | club (weapon) | death | door | fighting | harpies | hero | man | mythology | nude | relief | religious and mythological subject | temple | togas | wings (costume accessories) | women | wreaths
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Roma | Roman Forum | Rome | Temple of Janus
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Hercules before the Temple of Janus, between 1680 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.