Susanna and the Two Elders
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 15/16 inches (37.4 x 27.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.4 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 11/16 x 9 7/8 inches (32.3 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#107"; on back, lower right, partially covered by tape: "2 [...]"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "[swirled mark] Susanna and the Two Elders. [swirled mark] | London, Printed for H. Parker, No,, 82 in Cornhill"; lower right: "R; Brookshaw Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beards | elders | fountain | garden | gesture | lust | men | nude | putti | religious and mythological subject | stairs | the elders spying upon Susanna | the story of Susanna and the elders (in which the youth Daniel intervenes on behalf of Susanna) (Daniel 13) | togas | urn | voyeurism | water | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Brookshaw, 1736–1804, Susanna and the Two Elders, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.