IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Brookshaw, 1736–1804, Susanna and the Two Elders, undated
Susanna and the Two Elders
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 15/16 inches (37.4 x 27.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.4 x 25.1 cm), Image: 12 11/16 x 9 7/8 inches (32.3 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#107"; on back, lower right, partially covered by tape: "2 [...]"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "[swirled mark] Susanna and the Two Elders. [swirled mark] | London, Printed for H. Parker, No,, 82 in Cornhill"; lower right: "R; Brookshaw Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beards | elders | fountain | garden | gesture | lust | men | nude | putti | religious and mythological subject | stairs | the elders spying upon Susanna | the story of Susanna and the elders (in which the youth Daniel intervenes on behalf of Susanna) (Daniel 13) | togas | urn | voyeurism | water | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.