- Making a Cast at a Fault
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 15 7/8 inches (28.3 x 40.3 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 13 11/16 inches (24.9 x 34.8 cm), and Image: 9 1/4 x 13 11/16 inches (23.5 x 34.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Not at | sold Jan 24. 92 | cont 81 | [...]"; lower center: "#8"
Lettered, lower left: "Seymour Pinx,,t ~ ~ Making a Cast at a FAULT ~ ~ Les Chiens cerhcans a retrouver La Piste. ~ T. Burford Fecit~"; lower center: "Published 12. May, 1794 by LAURIE & WHITTLE. 53 Fleet Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | chasing | costume | dogs (animals) | field | fox hunting | horses (animals) | hunting | landscape | men | pond | riding boots | riding habit | saddles | smell | sporting art | trees | whips
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Burford, ca. 1710–after 1774, British, Making a Cast at a Fault, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.