- ca. 1770
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 14 5/16 × 10 3/8 inches (36.4 × 26.4 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 x 10 1/16 inches (31 x 25.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#74"
Lettered, lower left under image: "Colson Pinxit."; lower center: "The Engineer~ | Printed for"; lower right under image: "B. Clowes fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architecture | boy | buttons | cannon | child | costume | cravat | curiosity | curls | dog (animal) | engineer | explaining | genre subject | hat | man | noise | science | science | showing | smiling | smoke | stick | tricorn | wall | watching | wig | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Butler Clowes, active 1768, died 1782, British, The Engineer, ca. 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.