- Lucretia Romana
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 13/16 inches (24.2 × 19.9 cm) and Image: 9 x 7 3/4 inches (22.9 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "reduced in Line." | L[...]s? | 411"; in brown ink, on back, lower right: "10492"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Lucretia Romana"; lower right: "E. Cooper ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed (furniture) | blankets (coverings) | carpet | cloth | couch | dagger (weapon) | death of Lucretia: she commits suicide by stabbing herself | legend | long hair | mythology | nude | religious and mythological subject | Roman | rug | suicide | woman
- Associated People:
- Lucretia (died ca. BC 508)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century-eighteenth century, Lucretia Romana, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.